Foodtown PSK Supermarkets is an Employee Owned company operating in the New York trade area for over 50 years. We are looking for highly motivated people who want to excel in a highly collaborative work environment.
To deliver a great customer experience while being a leader with excellent people skills and a wide knowledge and experience in all aspects of the Meat department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in a safe and efficient manner, within the Company policy.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meat experience considered.
- Product Development Experience considered
- Ability to work with a large team of associates with a high degree of integrity and respect.
- Sales builder and profit oriented.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team members to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must ensure the highest product quality, plan-o-gram follow through and weekly sales plan execution.
- Provide the merchandising direction and standards for the company.
- Maintain the highest level of store sanitation, health, and safety.
- Maintain the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Meat Department operations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about the location of items in the store.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations pertaining to the Meat operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standard and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
keywords: psk meat corton cortland hudson