To deliver a great customer experience while being a leader with excellent people skills and a wide knowledge and experience in all aspects of the seafood department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in a safe and efficient manner, within the Company policy.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Seafood Manager Experience considered.
- Seafood Product Specialist Experience considered.
- Product Development Experience considered
- R&D Experience considered.
- Ability to manage a large team of associates with a high degree of integrity and respect.
- Sales builder and profit oriented.
- Experience and knowledge in managing a budget a firm understanding of shrink and cost control essential.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Proven track record in successfully training and developing people.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices, and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team members to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reports to President.
- Provide leadership to staff, Store Managers and Department heads including setting clear expectations and holding the team accountable.
- Must ensure the highest product quality, plan-o-gram follow through and weekly sales plan execution.
- Provide the merchandising direction and standards for the company.
- Profit and loss responsibility including shrink and related cost controls.
- Monitor competition and provide feedback and recommendations to the President.
- Maintain the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
- Understand and adhere to all Country-of-Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the seafood Department.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Checks products received against invoices.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about the location of items in the store.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standard and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.