To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise in the Produce Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in a safe and efficient manner, within the Company policy.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team members to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to the customers.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment, including sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and reuse as needed.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between various types of produce and related merchandise including taste, seasonality, preparation method or use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products (i.e. different types of apples, potatoes, etc.).
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, scaling and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Operate a baler and compactor.
- Performance all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Keep display cases and other merchandising areas stocked and signed; display merchandise in an attractive, appealing, neat and colorful manner.
- Control freshness, quality, and temperature of the product by following safe food handling procedures.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Produce Department that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 60 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the Produce Department.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Produce Department operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s program and adhere to the manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by the department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform duties in accordance with hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.