To deliver a great customer experience while being a leader with excellent people skills and a wide knowledge and experience in all aspects of the Dairy/frozen department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in a safe and efficient manner, within the Company policy.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Dairy/Frozen experience considered.
- Dairy/Frozen Product Specialist Experience considered.
- Product Development Experience considered
- R&D Experience considered.
- Ability to manage a large team of associates with a high degree of integrity and respect.
- Sales builder and profit oriented.
- Experience and knowledge in managing a budget and firm understanding of shrink and cost control essential.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Proven track record in successfully training and developing people.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must ensure the highest product quality, plan-o-gram follow through and weekly sales plan execution.
- Provide the merchandising direction and standards for the company.
- Profit and loss responsibility including shrink and related cost controls.
- Maintain the highest level of store sanitation, health, and safety.
- Maintain the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Dairy/Frozen operation.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Be knowledgeable of the various types of Dairy products; including taste, preparation method or use, price differences, etc.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Dairy/Frozen Department operations.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Stand at the workstation for the duration of the scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.