To deliver a great customer experience while maintaining pricing integrity storewide, ensure his team is taking care of all equipment and systems and maintain effective communication with all departments and coworkers.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Scanning Coordination Experience considered.
- Scanning Specialist Experience considered.
- Research and Development Experience considered.
- Ability to manage a large team of associates with a high degree of integrity and respect.
- Sales builder and profit oriented.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Proven track record in successfully training and developing people.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team member to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Train all store scanning department associates (in our standards of merchandising, quality product, sanitation, sales plan execution and allowable shrink.
- Monitor competition and provide feedback and recommendations to President.
- Maintain highest level of store sanitation, health, and safety.
- Ensure every item in the store has a unit price level.
- Make sure that each label matches the retail prince in the Allegiance Prince Book.
- Make sure his team completes all weekly price changes transmitted to the store files from Foodtown, to include both checking for and correcting any discrepancies.
- Ensure Scanning clerks maintain the accuracy of the pricing file to match weekly circulars and newspaper ads.
- Maintain program by separating, sorting, and properly placing shelf/tags.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and regulations, as well as government pricing standards.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to Scanning operations.
- Maintain pricing integrity on the sales floor by ensuring that all items are properly signed, tagged, and scanned correctly.
- Perform duties in accordance with hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Be knowledgeable about the location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to the customers.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Scanning Department operations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by the department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Ensure effective, timely communications with all departments.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.