The ideal deli clerk enjoys handling cold cuts, sliced cheeses, sandwiches, breads, salads and more while maintaining a neat, clean and visually appealing space to satisfy the customers' needs.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Capability to operate equipment as required by department (i.e. slicer, scale, can-opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryer, cheese grater/cutter, case cutter and stove/oven).
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team members to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Make orders and replenish Deli product accordingly.
- Follow approved procedures, ensuring quality, accuracy, product rotation and protection.
- Follow SHRINK guidelines.
- Adhere to food handlers safety protocol.
- Reconcile product received against an invoice.
- Understand diverse food including taste, preparation method or use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Deli operations.