To deliver a great customer experience while wrapping, packaging, scaling, and price marking merchandise in the Meat Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within the Company policy.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of safe food handling and demonstrate safe work habits.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team members to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment including utensils and equipment in accordance with the Department of Sanitation and standards.
- Stock merchandise and display cases.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the department.
- Keep the floor clear of debris and spills.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, gross margins, and apply concepts of basic math to verify vendor invoices charges and counts.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
- Accurately complete required reports including the daily sales report, inventory counts, receiving log, and audit firms.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about the location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale of any current charitable promotions to the customers.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to the Meat Department that weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
- Perform duties in accordance with hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Meat Department operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s program and adhere to the manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Follow weights and measures guidelines.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Removes trash to the designated area.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.