If you have a passion for finance, we are looking for an experienced Financial Staff Accountant to join our team. This position is working with all aspects of Finance in FMS, maintaining various reports in Excel. Handling functions of Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable as required. Creates timely and accurate financial statements, administers billing and special financial projects. Must have practical knowledge of intermediate sized ERP Financial Systems and have understanding of overall Wholesale/Retail Supermarket dynamics.
- Performs varied functions within the Finance department (AP/AR/GL) by supporting our team
- Performs monthly closing and review balance sheet schedules.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations. Must be able to input and retrieve data.
- Manage cash receipts (apply, reconcile). Prepare and scan deposits and report on a daily basis.
- Handle month-, quarter- and year-end analysis of various accounts.
- Prepare and enter journal entries for monthly Board meetings.
- Reconcile various schedules to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Gather information needed from internal departments in preparation for monthly Board meetings.
- Responsible for all aspects of FMS. Must be able to input and retrieve data.
- Generate FMS reports for executives. Ability to analyze data and format into actionable reporting
- Must be proficient in MS Excel for reports, and Power Point skills for presentation needs.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Experience preparing and presenting concepts to both large and small groups.
- Works effectively under tight deadlines and pressure. Additionally has excellent time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Acts as a team player sharing responsibility for achievement of goals and objectives
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs of team/department
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, accurate, driven, accountable and takes initiative
EDUCATION: BA/BS in Accounting or other relevant discipline required; plus 5-7 years of related experience with emphasis on Wholesale/Retail