Foodtown PSK Supermarkets is an Employee Owned company operating in the New York trade area for over 50 years. We are looking for highly motivated people who want to excel in a highly collaborative work environment.
Produce associates sort, display, remove, and replenish fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce department. Maintains the overall environment of the department by providing assistance through product knowledge and customer service. Ensures that all produce meets or exceeds company quality standards.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal items.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Capability to operate equipment as required by department (i.e. slicer, scale, can-opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryer, cheese grater/cutter, case cutter and stove/oven).
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Availabilty on weekends is a must.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team members to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide assistance to other associates in the department. Answer questions, recommend products and safe handling tips, and assist associates and customers with finding products throughout the store.
- Inspect, rotate, and store merchandise upon delivery. Ensure that all received merchandise meets or exceeds company produce standards
- Rotate produce on the sales floor to ensure optimal freshness and variety. Ensure cases and display areas are fully stocked. Keep the department displays neat, clean and organized. Remove products that are no longer suitable for sale.
- Maintain the produce reserve stock area. Date and rotate all back stock items. Ensure the storage area is neat, clean, organized and condensed daily.
- Follow established guidelines when disposing of damaged, spoiled, and/or expired products.
- Clean and sanitize all department equipment, display fixtures, and areas, including the produce cooler and refrigerated display cases.
- Generate signage for produce goods and perform price check functions when necessary.
- Ensure all items are accurately priced and signed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
keywords: bedstuy bed-stuy bed stuy bedsty sty beford stuyvesant psk