Foodtown PSK Supermarkets is an Employee Owned company operating in the New York trade area for over 50 years. We are looking for highly motivated people who want to excel in a highly collaborative work environment.
The deli clerk is an important position within the store. Many customers make their decisions to shop at our store because of the quality of the perishable departments and specifically the quality of the product that we make available to them. She/he needs to deliver a great customer experience while assisting the Deli Manager in the daily operation of the Department, maintaining a neat, clean, and visually appealing space.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Capability to operate equipment as required by department (i.e. slicer, scale, can-opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryer, cheese grater/cutter, case cutter and stove/oven).
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Availabilty on weekends is a must.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team members to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use a slicing machine and related equipment. (Machines related to the deli department, adhering with the safety protocol)
- Replenish Deli product.
- Prepare Deli product for sale.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Keep the manager or other designated team members informed of low inventory conditions or spoilage problems.
- Keep salad bowls and other displays stocked and properly turned and faced at all times in accordance with department standards.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment. (Worksurface, utensils, and equipment).
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to the Deli Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Deli Department operations.
- Check product received against an invoice.
- Order product as instructed by the Department Manager.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to customers.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all of the various types of merchandise including taste, preparation method or use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Deli operations.
keywords: bradhurst harlem 145th 145 douglass frederick psk