Foodtown PSK Supermarkets is an Employee Owned company operating in the New York trade area for over 50 years. We are looking for highly motivated people who want to excel in a highly collaborative work environment.
To deliver a great experience to every customer while providing accurate, friendly and efficient checkout service; to accurately scan, price and bag products; to collect proper payment, and to provide proper change if necessary.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices, and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Return items to proper place.
- Availabilty on weekends is a must.
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team member to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils, and equipment in accordance with the Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep the floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Front-End operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards, and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service, and assistance.
- Understand the operation of the cash register and follow all cash handling procedures. • Accurately identify and scan product under the correct department (when necessary).
- Regularly lift, pull, push, and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about the location of items in the store.
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Process all forms of payments (i.e., cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, Rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc.) in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to customers.
- Properly bag customer’s orders safely and efficiently.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Recognize and be knowledgeable about various types of products carried in the store, including produce items.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Front-End operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned
keywords: bradhurst harlem 145th 145 douglass frederick psk